I have been blogging for just over three months and have enjoyed it so much that I would like to thank you all with a giveaway competition.I have one brand new copy of the Capuchin Classic The Green Hat by Michael Arlen which I am willing to send anywhere in the world – so don’t worry where you are – if you like the sound of the book – simply enter the giveaway by leaving a comment below.
The Capuchin foreword is by Kirsty Gunn, and as always, Angela Landels has provided a simple but lovely line drawing for the cover illustration.
The back of the book is most enticing:
“The Green Hat perfectly captures the atmosphere of the 1920s – the post-war fashion for verbal smartness, youthful cynicism and the spirit of rebellion of the “bright young
things” of Mayfair.Iris Storm, femme fatale, races around London and Europe in her yellow Hispano-Suiza in a swirl of romantic intrigue. Yet beneath the glamour she is destined to be a tragic heroine.
The brilliance of The Green Hat that was recognised when it was first published in 1924 led to its adoption for the screen, with Greta Garbo starring as Iris Storm”.
Floating around the blogosphere there are some lovely reviews – by Elaine at Random Jottings, Frisbee at Frisbee: A Book Journal and Simon at Stuck in a Book.
I have included a shot of the cover and a lovely photograph of Greta Garbo in the film of the book - A Woman of Affairs.
If you would like to enter the giveaway, please leave a comment below, and I will draw a winner at random.
If you would like to enter the giveaway, please leave a comment below, and I will draw a winner at random.


