JazzByTheBay
08-15 12:32 PM
AC21 applies specifically to the time before you get GC. Even if you do use AC21, you should have the intention to stay with the employer you're with or the future employer (who submits an employment letter attesting they have a permanent job offer which is similar in scope in the LCA and I-140 petition) at the time of GC Approval.
The 90-day timeframe is sufficient to establish intent, as posted earlier.
jazz
[quote=Slowhand;147322]
If you already used AC21 then? how would you explain to IO. I think what matters is your explanation and there should be no reason for denial of citizenship if you are able to explain.
cheers
The 90-day timeframe is sufficient to establish intent, as posted earlier.
jazz
[quote=Slowhand;147322]
If you already used AC21 then? how would you explain to IO. I think what matters is your explanation and there should be no reason for denial of citizenship if you are able to explain.
cheers
wallpaper A cartoon carrot with a silly
gc_mania_03
08-16 12:40 AM
links from "adekhne" of immigration portal regarding this case.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=154533
http://www.murthy.com/Chatdb.asp?Search=&Type=citizenship&page=3
I think 1 year or 6 months is anyone's guess. One can always argue why it should be just 6 months and not one year.
I think if anyone knows of any precedence where citizenship was rejected due to this very reason, that would be a good example to base the discussion on.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=154533
http://www.murthy.com/Chatdb.asp?Search=&Type=citizenship&page=3
I think 1 year or 6 months is anyone's guess. One can always argue why it should be just 6 months and not one year.
I think if anyone knows of any precedence where citizenship was rejected due to this very reason, that would be a good example to base the discussion on.
ivgclive
10-02 07:00 PM
Unless somebody explains it to me in clear terms, it appears to be discriminatory.
I am planning to write to Indian Ambassador (Meera Shankar) and complain about this less preferential treatment to Indian citizens by Indian government for OCI. I suggest you guys do the same.
Template below...
Meera Shankar
Embassy of India
2107 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20008
Subject: OCI for children holding US passport with both parents holding Indian passport
Dear Ms Shankar,
Greetings!
I am writing this email to bring to your attention a very important matter. We have a son who was born in USA. He currently holds a passport of the country of his birth (USA). I and my wife are Indian citizens with Indian passport who currently reside in ABCDEFG. While researching whether we should apply for PIO or OCI for our child, we found that OCI option is not available for our child. OCI in my opinion is a better option for our son than PIO because of the 180 days limitation on stay in India for PIO card holders and various other benefits.
What I was appalled to find was that if I and my wife both held a non-Indian passport then our son is eligible to apply for OCI card. I find this policy to be very discriminatory to foreign born children of parents who both hold Indian passport and citizenship. I would like you and other policymakers to revise this policy and allow children born in foreign countries to be eligible to apply OCI card as long as any of their parent was or is an Indian citizen.
Thanks.
Yours sincerely,
Your name
Your address
Dont' worry, IT WON"T WORK.
Instead group together, plan to lift/extend the 6 months registration for PIO to few years will work.
You only miss the voting rights, which you may not worry(!!!) about lot.
I am planning to write to Indian Ambassador (Meera Shankar) and complain about this less preferential treatment to Indian citizens by Indian government for OCI. I suggest you guys do the same.
Template below...
Meera Shankar
Embassy of India
2107 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20008
Subject: OCI for children holding US passport with both parents holding Indian passport
Dear Ms Shankar,
Greetings!
I am writing this email to bring to your attention a very important matter. We have a son who was born in USA. He currently holds a passport of the country of his birth (USA). I and my wife are Indian citizens with Indian passport who currently reside in ABCDEFG. While researching whether we should apply for PIO or OCI for our child, we found that OCI option is not available for our child. OCI in my opinion is a better option for our son than PIO because of the 180 days limitation on stay in India for PIO card holders and various other benefits.
What I was appalled to find was that if I and my wife both held a non-Indian passport then our son is eligible to apply for OCI card. I find this policy to be very discriminatory to foreign born children of parents who both hold Indian passport and citizenship. I would like you and other policymakers to revise this policy and allow children born in foreign countries to be eligible to apply OCI card as long as any of their parent was or is an Indian citizen.
Thanks.
Yours sincerely,
Your name
Your address
Dont' worry, IT WON"T WORK.
Instead group together, plan to lift/extend the 6 months registration for PIO to few years will work.
You only miss the voting rights, which you may not worry(!!!) about lot.
2011 cartoon carrot. cartoon carrot
andymajumder
06-28 12:49 PM
dotn worry...this stuff normally is for any new applications only!!!
Does it mean they would stop processing I140 premium applications which have already been sent. My I140 was pending for 6 months and I changed it for premium after the dates became current, it was sent by my lawyer this Monday (25th) and received by USCIS on 26th. Does this mean it will not be processed or does this mean they will not accept any premium processing applications from July 2nd.
Does it mean they would stop processing I140 premium applications which have already been sent. My I140 was pending for 6 months and I changed it for premium after the dates became current, it was sent by my lawyer this Monday (25th) and received by USCIS on 26th. Does this mean it will not be processed or does this mean they will not accept any premium processing applications from July 2nd.
more...
ianlock
09-13 12:40 PM
I think it was a pun, arse-ole => stinks !! :-)
sorry i didnt realise.
:confused:
sorry i didnt realise.
:confused:
PD_Dec2002
06-28 04:09 PM
Once again. You will get an EAD ONLY if you filed form I-765 along with your I-485. Your I-140 has no bearing on your EAD.
Thanks,
Jayant
Thanks,
Jayant
more...
krishgreen
02-06 07:52 PM
I have sent G-639 (notarized) in October 2010 and I have received a CD from USCIS with I-140 approval and labor that was used to file. I have given I-140 receipt number in the form instead of A#.
2010 cute cartoon characters
immigrationmatters30
09-23 12:19 PM
King will, as usual, will come up with alot of amendments again. By the way, they have to finish with the horse bill and then they will come to our bill and then they have to finish the nurse bill. All the bills along with the Mr.Kings amendements have to be done in 2hrs because it starts at 3PM and ends at 5PM.
more...
hebbar77
05-02 08:53 PM
For upper middle class, OBC shouldn't matter much since you can afford to enroll your children in private schools and have them work in private sector once they reach an appropriate age. If they are US citizens, they can come back to the US anytime for education and/or employment.
Talking of reservation and discrimination, what legal immigrants are facing in this country is not much different in my opinion. You can't even get your driver's license easily, let alone permanent residence. Most of us are here by choice even though we face all these issues in our daily life.
Maverick_2008
have you tried any of this? or are you willing to!?
Talking of reservation and discrimination, what legal immigrants are facing in this country is not much different in my opinion. You can't even get your driver's license easily, let alone permanent residence. Most of us are here by choice even though we face all these issues in our daily life.
Maverick_2008
have you tried any of this? or are you willing to!?
hair Cartoon Carrot
sunny1000
05-15 08:37 PM
Just contributed $50
----------------------
Total contributions for IV - $450
----------------------
Total contributions for IV - $450
more...
Saralayar
01-15 11:43 AM
I heard from some of my friends that places like Detroit downtown,Arkansas,St.Louis,Tennessee, Louisiana are deadly dangerous.How far this is true?
Recently I met one friend. He was visiting his friend for vacation in New Orelans. When he was washing his hands in the rest room (in a shopping complex or Mall), suddenly he saw 3 or 4 guys surrounding him, hit him and took away his vallet and cell phone. Within a short time his credit card was used for a huge money around $2000. He was hit so bad that his nose bones broke into pieces and he has metal installed now for him to breath properly. I am not sure if this is due to bad economy or enemity over immigrants.
Recently I met one friend. He was visiting his friend for vacation in New Orelans. When he was washing his hands in the rest room (in a shopping complex or Mall), suddenly he saw 3 or 4 guys surrounding him, hit him and took away his vallet and cell phone. Within a short time his credit card was used for a huge money around $2000. He was hit so bad that his nose bones broke into pieces and he has metal installed now for him to breath properly. I am not sure if this is due to bad economy or enemity over immigrants.
hot cartoon character,
vallabhu
07-20 11:23 AM
FEDEX July 2nd 10:23AM
more...
house Carrot Character Clipart
sparky_jones
02-23 10:09 AM
My lawyer advised against filing AC21 proactively. His opinion is that it may trigger a big RFE requiring financial details of the new employer. How true is this? I have a feeling my previous employer might withdraw my approved I-140 on the advice of their corporate lawyers (Fragomen, who I believe recommend I-140 withdrawal as past of their standard procedure when an employee leaves). I would like to preempt that and file AC21 documentation.
tattoo A happy cartoon carrot planted
dilbert_cal
04-03 04:43 PM
Thanks to everybody for this heated debate. While reading through it - there were times I was left thinking - instead of spending 5 minutes writing stuff here , why dont we use that 5 minutes to call up a friend and get him to register and webfax. I was about to write it when I realized I can myself do it - so I went around my office and there are 8 people who sent webfaxes already in the last 10 mins - now I think I've the right to write this :-)
I agree we all are going through a stressful period and we can decide to either sit back and hope things work out as and when they do or to go ahead and try to do something ourselves. Initially, I wasnt very sure if IV would be able to achieve much and hence, didnt even register here. But lately I realized even if they dont achieve much, atleast they are trying their best. And I believe its better to try and fail rather than do nothing and think of what if situations.
I dont know whether IV will be able to get an amendment, whether I'll get my GC in the near future, will I get to the point in my career where I should be and where I'm not coz of GC but one thing for sure, I'll know I tried to change the system and this is something I can pass on to my next generation as a matter of pride.
Just my 2 cents and thanks for bearing with me if you read through it all.
Now, I need to get on the phone and see if I can get more people involved in this.
I agree we all are going through a stressful period and we can decide to either sit back and hope things work out as and when they do or to go ahead and try to do something ourselves. Initially, I wasnt very sure if IV would be able to achieve much and hence, didnt even register here. But lately I realized even if they dont achieve much, atleast they are trying their best. And I believe its better to try and fail rather than do nothing and think of what if situations.
I dont know whether IV will be able to get an amendment, whether I'll get my GC in the near future, will I get to the point in my career where I should be and where I'm not coz of GC but one thing for sure, I'll know I tried to change the system and this is something I can pass on to my next generation as a matter of pride.
Just my 2 cents and thanks for bearing with me if you read through it all.
Now, I need to get on the phone and see if I can get more people involved in this.
more...
pictures cartoon characters noses.
hunkuncontrolled
04-02 12:48 PM
First of all learn to "conduct" yourself in public before working for the semi conductor industry. What is gulti mentality pls explain? Second of all you chose to come here with the constraints that were imposed on you, did you have the balls to question the immigration officer as to why your wife could not work? If you think this is hell my friend you are in for a rude surprise.
When you want answers for your question there is a method for asking it, pls follow that method and you will get your answers, there are more people willing to help here than you will find anywhere. Ranting about communities will get you no where, now apologize and ask your question, someone will answer.
Gulti mentality was something that guy(malibuguy) was talking about . Thats what i meant by Gulti mentality . I just started with a simple question "WHATS THE MOTIVATION FOR CONTRIBUTION(MONEY AS WELL AS TIME) FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T APPLIED FOR GC " !! Was that offensive ? I don't need answers for specific questions. I just need to know what IV is all about ? ? BTW, i have balls to ask anything to anybody if it makes sense(immigration officer is not making rules) .
When you want answers for your question there is a method for asking it, pls follow that method and you will get your answers, there are more people willing to help here than you will find anywhere. Ranting about communities will get you no where, now apologize and ask your question, someone will answer.
Gulti mentality was something that guy(malibuguy) was talking about . Thats what i meant by Gulti mentality . I just started with a simple question "WHATS THE MOTIVATION FOR CONTRIBUTION(MONEY AS WELL AS TIME) FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T APPLIED FOR GC " !! Was that offensive ? I don't need answers for specific questions. I just need to know what IV is all about ? ? BTW, i have balls to ask anything to anybody if it makes sense(immigration officer is not making rules) .
dresses 10 Worst Cartoon Characters of
frankiesaysrelax
11-04 09:20 AM
Check ICICI. I think it is called a NRE account. You can fund it in Dollars and Rupees and it could be repatriated in Dollars. So just open the account and have them deposit the monies India, you can draw it here. This kind of account is for NRI's who earn an income in India and want to access it here.
There is a limit I think but it must be like $25K..
Good Luck
Two years back the limit was $25,000 per year. It seems substantially higher now. I did it through a one stop process at ICICI. Not cumbersome at all.
I am not sure if it is as difficult as is everyone's impression in this thread.
http://www.icicibank.com/pfsuser/icicibank/depositproducts/outward_remittance/out_remittance.htm
BTW, I repatriated money from a resident Indian account (account that I opened when I was a resident). I did not personally get an RBI clearance etc.
There were strict repatriation rules in the days when $s were in demand in India. These days RBI wishes there were less $s in the market. One of the reasons why the outflow is liberalized.
Good Luck.
There is a limit I think but it must be like $25K..
Good Luck
Two years back the limit was $25,000 per year. It seems substantially higher now. I did it through a one stop process at ICICI. Not cumbersome at all.
I am not sure if it is as difficult as is everyone's impression in this thread.
http://www.icicibank.com/pfsuser/icicibank/depositproducts/outward_remittance/out_remittance.htm
BTW, I repatriated money from a resident Indian account (account that I opened when I was a resident). I did not personally get an RBI clearance etc.
There were strict repatriation rules in the days when $s were in demand in India. These days RBI wishes there were less $s in the market. One of the reasons why the outflow is liberalized.
Good Luck.
more...
makeup Filed in: Cartoon Characters
xbohdpukc
02-07 12:24 PM
This is not new, I was advised the same by my attorneys. I have heard "internet rumors" of people successfully filing EB-2 for job descriptions such as senior software engineer and senior systems analyst, which are normally classified as job zone 4. However, I was advised by two different law firms that this is not possible. According to both attorneys I consulted, you must get a job zone 5 classification to file EB-2. Note that "information technology manager" is job zone 5, so if you're in a senior position and supervising people (e.g., a manager or even a team lead), you may be able to obtain this classification.
- gs
A copy of an approved LC, which i have right in front of me proves otherwise :)
SOC/O*Net code 15-1031.0
Occupation Title Softwar Engineer applications
Skill Level Level IV
Remember that DOL has got nothing to do with the classification of LC, USCIS does.
- gs
A copy of an approved LC, which i have right in front of me proves otherwise :)
SOC/O*Net code 15-1031.0
Occupation Title Softwar Engineer applications
Skill Level Level IV
Remember that DOL has got nothing to do with the classification of LC, USCIS does.
girlfriend stock vector : carrot cartoon
lskreddy
05-21 12:53 PM
I did all that but still show April 15. :(
Could somebody tell me what's the date for I140 @ NSC?
Thanks!
I140 -- Varied dates but for Skilled worker -- March 10, NIW -- Feb 27th, Advanced Degree -- July 05
Could somebody tell me what's the date for I140 @ NSC?
Thanks!
I140 -- Varied dates but for Skilled worker -- March 10, NIW -- Feb 27th, Advanced Degree -- July 05
hairstyles ANIMAL CARTOON CHARACTERS
jsb
08-03 02:19 PM
Let us say USCIS has unused visas, which they want to allocate and they have moved cutoff dates to Jun, 2006 for EB2, similarly Sep 03 for EB3.
My question is, will the visa issuance would be in the order of Priority Dates? or Notification Dates? Recently there has been lot of pressure on USCIS to issue processing results based on Priority Dates, will this force USCIS to correct its ways and issue visas based on Priority Dates.
I might have digressed a little bit on the topic of predicting cutoff dates but this question is lingering among all the IV folks who would be current or already current.
USCIS procedures suggest that for preadjudicated cases, they assign visas in order of PD, which should be the case now as focus appears to be on preadjudication. However, if there are no preadjudicated cases, as seemingly was the case last year, they have no way to do it in PD sequence. In that case, they pick files case by case in sequence of receive date (not the RD on your receipt, but the date when someone entered case data, which is close to ND) which works better for USCIS (but not for us) with wide open cut off dates.
My question is, will the visa issuance would be in the order of Priority Dates? or Notification Dates? Recently there has been lot of pressure on USCIS to issue processing results based on Priority Dates, will this force USCIS to correct its ways and issue visas based on Priority Dates.
I might have digressed a little bit on the topic of predicting cutoff dates but this question is lingering among all the IV folks who would be current or already current.
USCIS procedures suggest that for preadjudicated cases, they assign visas in order of PD, which should be the case now as focus appears to be on preadjudication. However, if there are no preadjudicated cases, as seemingly was the case last year, they have no way to do it in PD sequence. In that case, they pick files case by case in sequence of receive date (not the RD on your receipt, but the date when someone entered case data, which is close to ND) which works better for USCIS (but not for us) with wide open cut off dates.
mirchiseth
01-16 10:31 PM
Kudos for the great work. Contributed my $50.00
-ms
-ms
jonty_11
06-18 11:17 AM
I think now EADs will get delayed...surely..
If its not one thing its the other....we just too many in number....God save us..
If its not one thing its the other....we just too many in number....God save us..


