belmontboy
03-15 09:47 PM
Yes, I do agree with you but he asked a specific question related to travelling, and this case expungementg will help and he need not to declare at the POE about his case but as you said he will have the side effects of this case in various other stages till he is admitted as PR.
RV
Dude, I am telling you again. Expungement will not help him w.r.t immigration matters (which includes entering USA).
Even when he gets his criminal record expunged, for all immigration matters, he needs to provide information about his conviction and an explanation.
RV
Dude, I am telling you again. Expungement will not help him w.r.t immigration matters (which includes entering USA).
Even when he gets his criminal record expunged, for all immigration matters, he needs to provide information about his conviction and an explanation.
wallpaper Phillip Martin Free Clipart
nav_kri
12-31 01:22 PM
So does this mean I am stuck with Company A till I get Garbage Can I mean GC ?
Searched on google and got the following info
MurthyDotCom : U.S. Immigration Law (http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch121806_P.html)
Chat User : Thanks a lot in advance for the kind-hearted services,
Labor/I140 approved, got 3-yr extension after completing 6yrs of H-1. If I
change my employer now, can I get 3-yr extension, and can I keep my priority
date even if my employer cancels I-I40?
Attorney Murthy : Based on the current understanding of the law and
the USCIS interpretations, one is allowed to file for a 3-year H1B with a
new employer based on the I-140 petition with another employer. Also, the
person should be able to retain the earlier PD unless the USCIS believes
that there was some sort of fraud. We have seen them grant the earlier PD in
most cases, even after the earlier employer revokes or cancels the
previously-approved I-140 petition. Many employers nowadays are choosing not
to pursue revoking the I-140 petition, especially if the employee paid for
the processing.
http://www..com/greencard/employmentbasedimmigration/i-140-premium-processing.html
Job Change - Transfer of Original Priority Date
This is not related to AC21 portability. This is very useful in a case you are planning to change jobs or you fear that your employer may be thinking about laying you off or firing you.
If the person has an approved I-140, but I-485 is not filed during priority date not being current, and decides to change the job, either with the same employer for a different job or with a new employer in a new position, the green card case would have to be started all over again, including labor certification(if required), I-140 and I-485 (or consular processing). However, if the person had an approved I-140 from the previous job, it is possible to request to retain the priority date in a new I-140 petition.
You can change jobs when I140 is approved and I485 not filed but the new employer will have to start GC process from scratch, but you can retain old PD. You can also check with attorney if you are still doubtful.
Cheers and Happy new year :)
Searched on google and got the following info
MurthyDotCom : U.S. Immigration Law (http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch121806_P.html)
Chat User : Thanks a lot in advance for the kind-hearted services,
Labor/I140 approved, got 3-yr extension after completing 6yrs of H-1. If I
change my employer now, can I get 3-yr extension, and can I keep my priority
date even if my employer cancels I-I40?
Attorney Murthy : Based on the current understanding of the law and
the USCIS interpretations, one is allowed to file for a 3-year H1B with a
new employer based on the I-140 petition with another employer. Also, the
person should be able to retain the earlier PD unless the USCIS believes
that there was some sort of fraud. We have seen them grant the earlier PD in
most cases, even after the earlier employer revokes or cancels the
previously-approved I-140 petition. Many employers nowadays are choosing not
to pursue revoking the I-140 petition, especially if the employee paid for
the processing.
http://www..com/greencard/employmentbasedimmigration/i-140-premium-processing.html
Job Change - Transfer of Original Priority Date
This is not related to AC21 portability. This is very useful in a case you are planning to change jobs or you fear that your employer may be thinking about laying you off or firing you.
If the person has an approved I-140, but I-485 is not filed during priority date not being current, and decides to change the job, either with the same employer for a different job or with a new employer in a new position, the green card case would have to be started all over again, including labor certification(if required), I-140 and I-485 (or consular processing). However, if the person had an approved I-140 from the previous job, it is possible to request to retain the priority date in a new I-140 petition.
You can change jobs when I140 is approved and I485 not filed but the new employer will have to start GC process from scratch, but you can retain old PD. You can also check with attorney if you are still doubtful.
Cheers and Happy new year :)
VivekAhuja
03-18 06:05 PM
10000 more homes is nothing. This is not INDIA. The economy is so huge that 10000 homes is a drop in the ocean. And is the Govt. going to believe that all 10000 immigrants are going to buy homes? 75% of them won't qualify for new mortgage rules.
Plus, what is stopping you from buying a home right now?
Plus, what is stopping you from buying a home right now?
2011 Clip Art for Science Teachers
sanju
07-14 05:43 PM
navkap, you seem to be glued to this thread as if you are paid employee of RobEnder. You think this useless group of people are more important than the BRAVE men and women who participated in the San Jose rally. I did not see your post on San Jose rally thread, Congratulating the IV members for their success. But you have all the time in the world to sing songs of the greatness of this RobEnder guy. Do us a favor, take this post with you when you logout.
more...
sledge_hammer
01-15 10:11 AM
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China????????????
An Indian national was robbed and in the process was shot and killed. What has that got to do with him being a legal immigrant? Would the thugs have spared him had he been "illegal" or a "citizen"?
Think before you start typing...
This country is becoming more and more dangerous for legal immigrants. We pray to almighty for peace and speedy recovery of the ailing family of deseased, living in India.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3982065.cms
An Indian national was robbed and in the process was shot and killed. What has that got to do with him being a legal immigrant? Would the thugs have spared him had he been "illegal" or a "citizen"?
Think before you start typing...
This country is becoming more and more dangerous for legal immigrants. We pray to almighty for peace and speedy recovery of the ailing family of deseased, living in India.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3982065.cms
rameshvaid
03-15 10:04 PM
Thank you La_guy and others....
Do they ask me regarding this at the POE? In what forms do I have to fill the info? I am not sure, as one of you suggested, if they ask we will tell them. But does this record appear in their computer screen and if we did not mention to them, will it be treated as another crime?
God please help me , It's THE WORST thing ever I did and been trhu a painful experience
Thank you guys........
If not expunged, it will FOR SURE pop up immediately they punch your name in. You certainly can not lie there. You will be deported. If expunged, you still have chance BUT NOT to lie..If the form ask " If you have ever been arrested" say yes and as others suggested have all your documents ready from court but make sure you have all originals and notarized documents if required for all court orders pertaing to your case.
Good Luck..
RV
Do they ask me regarding this at the POE? In what forms do I have to fill the info? I am not sure, as one of you suggested, if they ask we will tell them. But does this record appear in their computer screen and if we did not mention to them, will it be treated as another crime?
God please help me , It's THE WORST thing ever I did and been trhu a painful experience
Thank you guys........
If not expunged, it will FOR SURE pop up immediately they punch your name in. You certainly can not lie there. You will be deported. If expunged, you still have chance BUT NOT to lie..If the form ask " If you have ever been arrested" say yes and as others suggested have all your documents ready from court but make sure you have all originals and notarized documents if required for all court orders pertaing to your case.
Good Luck..
RV
more...
chanduv23
07-10 09:50 AM
Don't select a lawyer just because they have a website.
Having a website does not mean they maybe really good in immigration law or customer service to their clients. It only means they know how to market themselves.
That is right. It is very difficult to judge. But the question is all about choice.
Who is good and who is not?
Who do we ask?
Can we ask USCIS?
Having a website does not mean they maybe really good in immigration law or customer service to their clients. It only means they know how to market themselves.
That is right. It is very difficult to judge. But the question is all about choice.
Who is good and who is not?
Who do we ask?
Can we ask USCIS?
2010 Clipart.com School Edition
dummgelauft
07-01 11:11 AM
Do you really agree with multi-national managers(via L1A). This is the area wherein the interpretation is pretty loose. If you dissect EB1 data you would find that EB1C used bulk of it except for this year due to bad economy and tightening of screws. There should be some very clearly defined guidelines for EB1-C, somebody being an onsite coordinator or managing 5 people should not be eligible. This category should be reserved for those who are managing at least 100 people or control business in several millions. I agree that EB1 should be just for the exceptional.
Exactly. There seems to be a mis-conception, which to a large extent has been fueled by some unethical companies, that being on L1A and having a gaggle of a few developers at client sites makes one "exceptional" and eligible for EB1.
If somebody feels they should qualify for EB-2 after X years of experience,well, reason it out with your employer and re-file. I went through this. Restarted the whole process..labor and the whole shebang...to file in EB2 just because I was unable to convince the HR manager at one of my previous employers. That is the reason my PD is Oct 2006 and not July 2003.
Exactly. There seems to be a mis-conception, which to a large extent has been fueled by some unethical companies, that being on L1A and having a gaggle of a few developers at client sites makes one "exceptional" and eligible for EB1.
If somebody feels they should qualify for EB-2 after X years of experience,well, reason it out with your employer and re-file. I went through this. Restarted the whole process..labor and the whole shebang...to file in EB2 just because I was unable to convince the HR manager at one of my previous employers. That is the reason my PD is Oct 2006 and not July 2003.
more...
WithoutGCAmigo
06-18 11:12 AM
You mean the EAD and AP application?
They will send your application back to you.Maybe some experts can opine on this
They will send your application back to you.Maybe some experts can opine on this
hair Science clip art
oldschool
08-15 09:39 PM
People who left employer early or want to leave early will say it is ok; because it suits their needs.
People who plan on staying later or don't have any intention of leaving early will say to stay.
Bottom line is it is upto everyones own risk tolerance. I have just seen some of the biggest cowards in terms of immigration all of a sudden get so brave after they got the greencard.
If people are waiting years and playing it safe then what is the possible harm to wait a little longer and not get riled up by every small story of someone who got questioned at citizenship time, etc.
Immigration laws don't change very often; however, uscis interpretations and memos do change quite frequently. When you have to start hiring lawyers, go to court, face uncertainty then we'll see how brave people are.
Thank you for all your input. Again, I got my GC on the first week of July and my wife was applied for 485 last July 30. Whether to leave my present employer or not has become a big question as my employer has decided to transfer me to another location in less than a month's notice which showed lack of consideration to the welfare of their employees as they're not only doing this to one person but a lot others too.
My greatest concern now is if leaving my employer would have an implication on my wife's pending AOS.
Thank you for all the pieces of advice you're giving.
People who plan on staying later or don't have any intention of leaving early will say to stay.
Bottom line is it is upto everyones own risk tolerance. I have just seen some of the biggest cowards in terms of immigration all of a sudden get so brave after they got the greencard.
If people are waiting years and playing it safe then what is the possible harm to wait a little longer and not get riled up by every small story of someone who got questioned at citizenship time, etc.
Immigration laws don't change very often; however, uscis interpretations and memos do change quite frequently. When you have to start hiring lawyers, go to court, face uncertainty then we'll see how brave people are.
Thank you for all your input. Again, I got my GC on the first week of July and my wife was applied for 485 last July 30. Whether to leave my present employer or not has become a big question as my employer has decided to transfer me to another location in less than a month's notice which showed lack of consideration to the welfare of their employees as they're not only doing this to one person but a lot others too.
My greatest concern now is if leaving my employer would have an implication on my wife's pending AOS.
Thank you for all the pieces of advice you're giving.
more...

Sree Swathi
04-21 02:30 PM
here is health insurance info...
.com
sevencorners.com
icicilombard.com
hthworldwide.com
.com
sevencorners.com
icicilombard.com
hthworldwide.com
hot Classroom Clipart : Free
bheemi
04-03 10:54 AM
Anai..
Thanks
Thanks
more...
house Science Clipart
Nikith77
04-02 02:34 PM
EB3I will move to 2005 in coming months
tattoo Ship - Free Clip Art at
hebbar77
05-07 12:33 PM
My parents are getting old. I am going back in 3 years. Heard from friends, earn enough and go. There will never be enough.
Almost, all of us started here from Nothing. Now we have atleast something to start with. Yes there is always things for Pros and Cons.
I am not worried about GC. Waiting for a good opportunity to jump back to India.
It will be really nice if I can get work from home job from US and settle down in a hill side with nice estate in India. :cool:
good thought bro, take care of your parents. You might be happier with that than taking care of people who dont really matter to you!
Almost, all of us started here from Nothing. Now we have atleast something to start with. Yes there is always things for Pros and Cons.
I am not worried about GC. Waiting for a good opportunity to jump back to India.
It will be really nice if I can get work from home job from US and settle down in a hill side with nice estate in India. :cool:
good thought bro, take care of your parents. You might be happier with that than taking care of people who dont really matter to you!
more...
pictures Science Clipart
coopheal
10-07 12:21 AM
I second this. It will take 1 more year for USCIS just to come out of 2001 for EB3 I unless 5882 passes!
What should be our next steps? How do we go to public media with big bang?
What should be our next steps? How do we go to public media with big bang?
dresses g - talisman - clip art
arunmohan
01-22 01:36 AM
Figures suggest that there are over 800,000 pending applications. Recapture will get around approximately 215,000 green cards. We are shot of around 600,000 green cards, which will take around 4 years (@140k/yr EB green card) to address the current backlog, which contains your and mine application. This is a deep deep hole and EB3-I is at the bottom of this hole.
.
Sanju:
Actual number of I-485 pending is 673,694, please refer the following link.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Natz_Benefits_Oct2008.pdf
I don't know this number is only Employment based or it has included family based too.
Can someone please confirm this?
I beleive that the recapture is going to help us a lot.
.
Sanju:
Actual number of I-485 pending is 673,694, please refer the following link.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Natz_Benefits_Oct2008.pdf
I don't know this number is only Employment based or it has included family based too.
Can someone please confirm this?
I beleive that the recapture is going to help us a lot.
more...
makeup Puzzlemaker Clip Art
bayarea07
09-22 02:58 PM
Can you please put a poll on top which will let us know on how many people called
girlfriend Science Clipart #5971 by
desi3933
04-16 04:59 PM
Hi,
.......
My questions is, is that enough to port my PD .....??
Yes.
_________________
Not a legal advice.
.......
My questions is, is that enough to port my PD .....??
Yes.
_________________
Not a legal advice.
hairstyles clip art
bestia
08-15 06:14 PM
Everyone wants to play it safe until they get greencard and then everyone becomes risk taker after greencard gets approved; because they feel uscis is no longer watching.
Have you ever seen an RFE; where a company is asked to account for all h-1b, L-1, I-140's and people who got greencard through the company and where they are?
I have seen it. It is where there is an imbalance between current employee headcount and number of greencard filings. This imbalance will always exist in staffing companies because everyeone eventually has to file labor/140. At certain points of time there will be more pepole who have gone for greencard then what the current headcount is.
There are limits to everything - and to worries too. Of course you don't want to be taking meaningless risks, but to live like a chicken is not an option either. But this is more philosophical, here is my question.
USCIS may send RFEs for whatever and whoever they think it's reasonable. They can investigate and reinvestigate and GC holders and citizens, it's their job. Now tell me. How many you know of GC holders who got denied their citizenships because they just threw away their W2s? How many GCs were actually revoked and people were deported because USCIS investigated company and found out that most of the employees were H1b?
Here is case of my cousin, he had his GC for many years, his wife and kids got citizenships. He didn't because he didn't accrue his 5 years in the US. He felt that he would be more successful in his home country. So he had business over there and was traveling back and forth to/from US. Once, at airport the immigration officer asked why he was traveling so much? He honestly answered "i'm doing business abroad". What do you think? INS officer initiated investigation and put him on deportation. Reason? "Absence of immigration intent!!!!". The case was quickly dismissed by immigration judge. My cousin was telling me how angry the judge was at prosecutors, he told them not to waste tax money like this anymore. So... what would be the right choice for him? Taking risk and making money (now he has a $1M house in LA) or be "careful" and live in some crappy hollywood apartment until his citizenship?
Have you ever seen an RFE; where a company is asked to account for all h-1b, L-1, I-140's and people who got greencard through the company and where they are?
I have seen it. It is where there is an imbalance between current employee headcount and number of greencard filings. This imbalance will always exist in staffing companies because everyeone eventually has to file labor/140. At certain points of time there will be more pepole who have gone for greencard then what the current headcount is.
There are limits to everything - and to worries too. Of course you don't want to be taking meaningless risks, but to live like a chicken is not an option either. But this is more philosophical, here is my question.
USCIS may send RFEs for whatever and whoever they think it's reasonable. They can investigate and reinvestigate and GC holders and citizens, it's their job. Now tell me. How many you know of GC holders who got denied their citizenships because they just threw away their W2s? How many GCs were actually revoked and people were deported because USCIS investigated company and found out that most of the employees were H1b?
Here is case of my cousin, he had his GC for many years, his wife and kids got citizenships. He didn't because he didn't accrue his 5 years in the US. He felt that he would be more successful in his home country. So he had business over there and was traveling back and forth to/from US. Once, at airport the immigration officer asked why he was traveling so much? He honestly answered "i'm doing business abroad". What do you think? INS officer initiated investigation and put him on deportation. Reason? "Absence of immigration intent!!!!". The case was quickly dismissed by immigration judge. My cousin was telling me how angry the judge was at prosecutors, he told them not to waste tax money like this anymore. So... what would be the right choice for him? Taking risk and making money (now he has a $1M house in LA) or be "careful" and live in some crappy hollywood apartment until his citizenship?
GIDOC
07-15 12:05 AM
I am must admit, I had not heard of these guys before. I got know about them for the first time in this forum.
Has anyone ever dealt with them personally ? How big is USINPAC ?
Has anyone ever dealt with them personally ? How big is USINPAC ?
luckysiri
04-14 07:20 PM
Thank you all very much for all your suggestions. Can I take Maternity leave for 3 months before Apr 30th and maintain in the status. Does my employer can terminate me while I am on leave?
It is very important to maintain my status. I am sure I can find the Job before the maternity leave ends. Is there any options that I can stay in status and delay the termination for 2 or 3 months while I am on maternity leave?
It is very important to maintain my status. I am sure I can find the Job before the maternity leave ends. Is there any options that I can stay in status and delay the termination for 2 or 3 months while I am on maternity leave?


