stuckinmuck
05-14 12:26 PM
chandrajp, many times it's not because of rules. It is common courtesy to go to a cafeteria if one is available. Smell of Indian food in general (it's a fact not criticism) may have a distracting effect in a work location so it should be eaten in a cafeteria (if available). Also, we need not emulate other people's lack of courtesy and do the same thing (like some people quoted Americans eating burgers in their cube). If we have the option, we should eat in the appropriate location.
In addition, with respect to discrimination, I do not condone it at all but we need to do a reality check for ourselves as well. I have never worked in India since I left the country 10 years ago but my friends working in India have told me how their managers have humiliated them by speaking in a regional language in meetings that they didn't know. So wherever there is a difference of culture, language etc., unfortunately human beings tend to behave the same i.e. discriminate against others who are different from them. For example, how do we explain the 'Fair & Lovely' ads? It's blatant discrimination based on skin colour.
Discrimination should be done away from every aspect of life.
In addition, with respect to discrimination, I do not condone it at all but we need to do a reality check for ourselves as well. I have never worked in India since I left the country 10 years ago but my friends working in India have told me how their managers have humiliated them by speaking in a regional language in meetings that they didn't know. So wherever there is a difference of culture, language etc., unfortunately human beings tend to behave the same i.e. discriminate against others who are different from them. For example, how do we explain the 'Fair & Lovely' ads? It's blatant discrimination based on skin colour.
Discrimination should be done away from every aspect of life.
wallpaper dragon tribal tattoo. Cool
sanju
04-16 01:19 PM
Start investing money in India.
r u IV Policeman? Can I see your badge?
Dear snehaledu, You raise a good point. Am I IV policeman? The answer is NO. Guess, it is the responsibility of all the members to police themselves. And I saw that it was not happening here, thus my question about the relevance of this thread.
I understood that IV is working on behalf of green card backlog applicants and the intended purpose of IV forums is to provide support for legislative effort. Please help me understand how this thread about $1 is Rs. 44 or whether $1 is Rs. 46, helping in achieving IV goals? I am just scratching my head in an attempt to figure that out. There are many other forums on the internet where you could discuss anything under the sun. There are many other forums where you could discuss everything about exchange rate variations. Why don�t you go and discuss it over in those forums?
Also, we all should be considerate towards all other members of IV. It was my understanding that IV membership includes people from all over the world. It may be true that majority of IV members are from India. Should we as Indians show a bit of maturity and consideration towards members from other countries? Is that too much to ask? Say, if you come to these forums and for 2-3 days consecutively you see a discussion about conversion rate of Pakistani Rs. to $, how would you feel about it as that discussion will not be relevant for you? Intelligent people understand the signs and fools don�t understand even if someone shouts in front of them. I guess there is no country in the world where its entire population is either all fools or all intelligent. The real question is which category do you belong? You don�t have to answer that question; your behavior will speak for you.
r u IV Policeman? Can I see your badge?
Dear snehaledu, You raise a good point. Am I IV policeman? The answer is NO. Guess, it is the responsibility of all the members to police themselves. And I saw that it was not happening here, thus my question about the relevance of this thread.
I understood that IV is working on behalf of green card backlog applicants and the intended purpose of IV forums is to provide support for legislative effort. Please help me understand how this thread about $1 is Rs. 44 or whether $1 is Rs. 46, helping in achieving IV goals? I am just scratching my head in an attempt to figure that out. There are many other forums on the internet where you could discuss anything under the sun. There are many other forums where you could discuss everything about exchange rate variations. Why don�t you go and discuss it over in those forums?
Also, we all should be considerate towards all other members of IV. It was my understanding that IV membership includes people from all over the world. It may be true that majority of IV members are from India. Should we as Indians show a bit of maturity and consideration towards members from other countries? Is that too much to ask? Say, if you come to these forums and for 2-3 days consecutively you see a discussion about conversion rate of Pakistani Rs. to $, how would you feel about it as that discussion will not be relevant for you? Intelligent people understand the signs and fools don�t understand even if someone shouts in front of them. I guess there is no country in the world where its entire population is either all fools or all intelligent. The real question is which category do you belong? You don�t have to answer that question; your behavior will speak for you.
panky72
06-21 08:02 PM
I have heard that USCIS is going to bring a law. Which states that if you have used AP you have to use your EAD. Or After using if you extend your H-1B than you have to go for a visa stamping. I am confuse how true is this rumor is?
any comments
Can you please tell the source of this news/rumour.
any comments
Can you please tell the source of this news/rumour.
2011 Tribal Sun Tattoo
webm
05-22 11:46 AM
from august 29 to July 28 is moving forward?
never mind.
I am confused your words..make sense now..
never mind.
I am confused your words..make sense now..
more...
svgupta
05-22 12:51 AM
But haven't been able to figure out the signature mystery yet. Saved it millions of times but doesn't get tagged with my messages. Hope to be successful soon.
:)
stuckinmuck .. u made it!
:)
stuckinmuck .. u made it!

learning01
01-24 07:10 AM
Eom
more...
svn
04-06 01:30 PM
All those who have voted - thanks for your response so far and agree with the sentiments expressed. For those who have not voted yet, please take the time to log in and vote - YOUR OPINION COUNTS!
Cant help but chuckle on your choice of words - DONORS = CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS.
So, others who volunteer their time, ideas ... are not CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS if they haven't paid 25 dollars in March ( since DONOR status started from March and 25 dollars is what is required to be a DONOR )
I am afraid, you are missing the point here - I did not intend to start a discussion on who counts as a "Donor". There have been several discussions on that topic and IV Core has laid out guidelines (if I am not mistaken, they have made attempts to go back and include folks who have contributed money in the past as well). Instead my focus is on how to increase "dollar contributions" towards our cause since as IV Core has clearly identified, nothing moves in Washington unless you have a strong lobby working for you, and as we all know, lobbying takes a significant amount of money. What I am interested in is simply - will you contribute dollars if, in exchange, you receive regular updates?
From a person who is in senior management position I'd expected better choices of words. Now on to your point of more regular updates -- let me ask you this - do you give weekly updates to your subordinates every week ? Do you share your strategy plans every week ? I believe whenever their is a material update to be shared, IV core will share it - predicting the frequency of it OR assuming that you will get an update every X days and see a progress is not a good practical idea.
Since you ask - the answer is YES. Not sure if you have heard of the "Servant Leadeship" but that is a management philosophy that believes an organization makes the most progress when the "leaders" at the top take the attitude of being "Servants" to those below them. The idea is based on the simple premise that people are more engaged and motivated to work when their boss listens to them and takes the trouble to keep them updated on what is going on. Instead, "Leaders" can always take the "high and mighty" road where they look down upon those below them (for various reasons - lack of trust being just one of them) but that is never going to be as effective or efficient as the former model I just mentioned. Don't take it from me though - feel free to do your own research on this topic and you will find that an increasing number of companies are starting to adopt this philosophy in order to achieve superior results and you don't have to look far to see how this is being practised in the world of politics today (President Obama).
Finally, IV has clearly positioned itself as a grassroots organization, but by articulating a philosophy of "we will share updates when we feel like it and think its appropriate for you to know about it", it is essentially operating in a somewhat "elitist" manner (though I believe, this is a purely a side-effect of it's loose structure, rather than intentional in any way). This also explains some of the questions coming up on the poll on "who constitutes the Core?" - while the website has a listing of the "Core" members, I believe some of that has morphed over time leading to the loose structure of today.
All I am really advocating is more transparency ...which should lead to more involvement as well. Thanks for your time.
Cant help but chuckle on your choice of words - DONORS = CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS.
So, others who volunteer their time, ideas ... are not CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS if they haven't paid 25 dollars in March ( since DONOR status started from March and 25 dollars is what is required to be a DONOR )
I am afraid, you are missing the point here - I did not intend to start a discussion on who counts as a "Donor". There have been several discussions on that topic and IV Core has laid out guidelines (if I am not mistaken, they have made attempts to go back and include folks who have contributed money in the past as well). Instead my focus is on how to increase "dollar contributions" towards our cause since as IV Core has clearly identified, nothing moves in Washington unless you have a strong lobby working for you, and as we all know, lobbying takes a significant amount of money. What I am interested in is simply - will you contribute dollars if, in exchange, you receive regular updates?
From a person who is in senior management position I'd expected better choices of words. Now on to your point of more regular updates -- let me ask you this - do you give weekly updates to your subordinates every week ? Do you share your strategy plans every week ? I believe whenever their is a material update to be shared, IV core will share it - predicting the frequency of it OR assuming that you will get an update every X days and see a progress is not a good practical idea.
Since you ask - the answer is YES. Not sure if you have heard of the "Servant Leadeship" but that is a management philosophy that believes an organization makes the most progress when the "leaders" at the top take the attitude of being "Servants" to those below them. The idea is based on the simple premise that people are more engaged and motivated to work when their boss listens to them and takes the trouble to keep them updated on what is going on. Instead, "Leaders" can always take the "high and mighty" road where they look down upon those below them (for various reasons - lack of trust being just one of them) but that is never going to be as effective or efficient as the former model I just mentioned. Don't take it from me though - feel free to do your own research on this topic and you will find that an increasing number of companies are starting to adopt this philosophy in order to achieve superior results and you don't have to look far to see how this is being practised in the world of politics today (President Obama).
Finally, IV has clearly positioned itself as a grassroots organization, but by articulating a philosophy of "we will share updates when we feel like it and think its appropriate for you to know about it", it is essentially operating in a somewhat "elitist" manner (though I believe, this is a purely a side-effect of it's loose structure, rather than intentional in any way). This also explains some of the questions coming up on the poll on "who constitutes the Core?" - while the website has a listing of the "Core" members, I believe some of that has morphed over time leading to the loose structure of today.
All I am really advocating is more transparency ...which should lead to more involvement as well. Thanks for your time.
2010 tribal sun
h1techSlave
07-10 10:59 AM
Now that the initial send flowers campaign was a success, can we think of a second round of flower campaign? This time to Ms. Rice.
If this is a good idea, let us collect money (from as low as $1 to as much as you want to contribute) and send flowers from a common point? May be we all can pay IV specifically for this purpose. IV can then order flowers from a vendor and negotiate a better price.
The advantage of this approach is that even people who would not want to spend the $30 bucks can contribute what ever they are comfortable with. Even $1 would help. I am confident that we can raise atleast $10,000 for this effort. $10,000 would translate to 10,000/30 = 350 flowers. We could target July 25th (15 days from now) as the last day of contribution.
Cheers,
h1techSlave
If this is a good idea, let us collect money (from as low as $1 to as much as you want to contribute) and send flowers from a common point? May be we all can pay IV specifically for this purpose. IV can then order flowers from a vendor and negotiate a better price.
The advantage of this approach is that even people who would not want to spend the $30 bucks can contribute what ever they are comfortable with. Even $1 would help. I am confident that we can raise atleast $10,000 for this effort. $10,000 would translate to 10,000/30 = 350 flowers. We could target July 25th (15 days from now) as the last day of contribution.
Cheers,
h1techSlave
more...
subnet75
02-15 09:39 PM
Iam also in Same bote , three years Degree with 2 years PG diploma with 14 years of industry experiance , Planning to do MBA , which i am looking for cheapest and fast.
can any one see this Western Governors University (wgu.edu) got a MBA in IT. looks per sem... they are charging flat $3000.00. Is this ok to get MS from here (Distance Education) , or not suggestable with this University. All am looking for just to move EB2.
Appreciate any Suggestions.
thanks,
Rao
can any one see this Western Governors University (wgu.edu) got a MBA in IT. looks per sem... they are charging flat $3000.00. Is this ok to get MS from here (Distance Education) , or not suggestable with this University. All am looking for just to move EB2.
Appreciate any Suggestions.
thanks,
Rao
hair Neck-Tattoo-25. Sun Tattoos
okuzmin
09-22 03:22 PM
My I-140 was lost in mail just this year. My employer contacted USCIS, and they told him to file form I-824 (yeah, with fee). We did, and I got a duplicate approval notice back in about a month. So, if that's your case, here is the answer.
I did FOIA on my previous LC attempt (not I-140); it took over 6 months to get all documents back (you can request a CD instead of a stack of photocopies -- they'll scan all papers and burn the files on a CD for you). I've heard it's getting worse, in terms of response time.
I did FOIA on my previous LC attempt (not I-140); it took over 6 months to get all documents back (you can request a CD instead of a stack of photocopies -- they'll scan all papers and burn the files on a CD for you). I've heard it's getting worse, in terms of response time.
more...
krithi
03-27 11:18 AM
stop this prediction crap.
hot quot;I like a teacher who gives

eb3retro
02-28 03:46 PM
Made my second contribution today. I am telling this for those members who have not contributed yet, that this is the LEAST we can do to help those IV folks who are fighting for a common cause for all of us. Please if someone is reading this message and who have not contributed before, please do so, it helps you and all. Thanks IV folks for doing a great job.
more...
house tribal sun tattoo designs.
ufo2002
09-15 12:59 PM
Its very interesting to read about people�s different perspective about same thing we are all after.. lets ask ourselves.. honestly why we do want GC and I am sure we all would have multiple reasons for this in our subconscious but would not like to bring it to forefront because it would only undermine our own ability to fight it or make life more stressful.. but end of the day we all want this card.. for me I want it mainly for security and peace of mind�lets look at the different situations.. these might be extreme but we all might have thought about these situations atleast at some point in the recent past� .. and especially the people in the seventh year
1. You are in your seventh year� and you loose you job�.what is the first thought that comes to your mind.. I got to pack and leave .. pack your home of seven years and all your possessions you collected, in two suitcases of 50lbs each and leave�forget the Flat Screen TV,, forget all the electronics and the two cars you love ... just list them in craigslist �
2. You have home which you bought with so much pride�what do you do? ..List it.. make a desperate sale in this falling market.. loose a ton of money and leave�and don't even talk about all the silk plants..floor lamps.. the furnishing,, they are for the yard sale on the Saturday..
3. You have child whom you love and have plans for them.. love the school.. are an active member in the PTA � all of sudden what you do.. pull them out of school, move them from the only culture and the country they have known the only President they know is Bush and the only national anthem they have learnt is "The Star-Spangled Banner"�to another place where they don�t even understand the language forget the culture, national anthem etc..
4. Think about your spouse.. they have adopted themselves to this lifestyle.. probably felt lonely when you moved here 7 years but now like it.. its time for them to move back�why because your don�t have a GC
5. Forget the Golf and Tennis you enjoy so much here �it was all a very good dream..
1. You are educated.. have a masters, have a professional degree.. but have been in the same position and department because of your long wait for GC, what happens� the fresh college graduate or the dumb blond who joined two years back and whom you taught how to log into the network is now your peer and you are still on the same desk doing the same job getting the 2% raise and working even more hard..so that you can keep you job..with a new dumb boss.. who thinks you are so dumb that you have been in the same job for so long time..
2. All your batchmates are doing great..some of them are now sweating to be VP�s having risen by changing jobs �. You are still years away from that situation.. what do you do.. stop attending alumni meets and envy the mails in your yahoo groups from people..
3. Seven years in US.. you have made your professional contacts.. and have a social network.. in which you invested your time and effort.. loose your job in the seventh year.. and all these contacts are nothing but an occasional international long distance call in future..
Last but not the least� flight back home to your country is not going to be as smooth as the flight to US was seven years back.. back home look for a job..learn the whole new professional culture �and then set up a new home,,new school for kids�.why because we could not get a GC.. which was not in our control.. and because some stupid insane guy sitting in cave 10K miles away decided to terrorize the people in America in 2001.. and make life difficult for all the people..including people in H1...
We might all go back to our home country one day.. but the ride back home would be much more pleasant and happier of a choice we made and not because we did not get a GC�
Good Luck and lets keep up the effort... :)
I just did No. 2!!! Yes, sold my home off recently and now living in apt. I am single and no family so I am more flexible when it comes to leaving the US. Also, because I have been in my field of work for 10 years and feeling a little bored with it and wanna go back to uni to try another field, but don't want to do it in the US in case I lose my job and then have expensive bills to pay.
With that GC, at least I can feel more secure, will have the ability to find a local employer while going to college, etc.
1. You are in your seventh year� and you loose you job�.what is the first thought that comes to your mind.. I got to pack and leave .. pack your home of seven years and all your possessions you collected, in two suitcases of 50lbs each and leave�forget the Flat Screen TV,, forget all the electronics and the two cars you love ... just list them in craigslist �
2. You have home which you bought with so much pride�what do you do? ..List it.. make a desperate sale in this falling market.. loose a ton of money and leave�and don't even talk about all the silk plants..floor lamps.. the furnishing,, they are for the yard sale on the Saturday..
3. You have child whom you love and have plans for them.. love the school.. are an active member in the PTA � all of sudden what you do.. pull them out of school, move them from the only culture and the country they have known the only President they know is Bush and the only national anthem they have learnt is "The Star-Spangled Banner"�to another place where they don�t even understand the language forget the culture, national anthem etc..
4. Think about your spouse.. they have adopted themselves to this lifestyle.. probably felt lonely when you moved here 7 years but now like it.. its time for them to move back�why because your don�t have a GC
5. Forget the Golf and Tennis you enjoy so much here �it was all a very good dream..
1. You are educated.. have a masters, have a professional degree.. but have been in the same position and department because of your long wait for GC, what happens� the fresh college graduate or the dumb blond who joined two years back and whom you taught how to log into the network is now your peer and you are still on the same desk doing the same job getting the 2% raise and working even more hard..so that you can keep you job..with a new dumb boss.. who thinks you are so dumb that you have been in the same job for so long time..
2. All your batchmates are doing great..some of them are now sweating to be VP�s having risen by changing jobs �. You are still years away from that situation.. what do you do.. stop attending alumni meets and envy the mails in your yahoo groups from people..
3. Seven years in US.. you have made your professional contacts.. and have a social network.. in which you invested your time and effort.. loose your job in the seventh year.. and all these contacts are nothing but an occasional international long distance call in future..
Last but not the least� flight back home to your country is not going to be as smooth as the flight to US was seven years back.. back home look for a job..learn the whole new professional culture �and then set up a new home,,new school for kids�.why because we could not get a GC.. which was not in our control.. and because some stupid insane guy sitting in cave 10K miles away decided to terrorize the people in America in 2001.. and make life difficult for all the people..including people in H1...
We might all go back to our home country one day.. but the ride back home would be much more pleasant and happier of a choice we made and not because we did not get a GC�
Good Luck and lets keep up the effort... :)
I just did No. 2!!! Yes, sold my home off recently and now living in apt. I am single and no family so I am more flexible when it comes to leaving the US. Also, because I have been in my field of work for 10 years and feeling a little bored with it and wanna go back to uni to try another field, but don't want to do it in the US in case I lose my job and then have expensive bills to pay.
With that GC, at least I can feel more secure, will have the ability to find a local employer while going to college, etc.
tattoo tribal heart tattoo designs
rangaswamy
08-11 12:31 PM
Can some one clarify if the PD is based on the day labor application was received or the day it was approved?
My I140 states it as the day it was approved.
My I140 states it as the day it was approved.
more...
pictures Sketch of Sun Tattoos Designs.
funny
09-22 01:59 PM
Folks,
Lets start posting the messages "I Called.." (of course you have to call first..:D)
Lets start posting the messages "I Called.." (of course you have to call first..:D)
dresses tattoo tribal designs.
bestia
08-16 05:54 PM
Many of us will be facing this decision and it's good to know the risks and the answers. Imagine you got a GC and now you have a +20k offer from the other company. Staying with your current employer for 6 months will cost you 10k. The question is "does the risk cost 10k?".
This is how I see it, please correct me if I'm wrong. You can be questioned about leaving the company only in two cases: 1. citizenship interview, 2 - investigation/audit. In first case I don't see much problem, as many years will pass, and if you will not keep any documents, I don't see how USCIS will be going back and chasing these 4-5-6 months of your employment.
Investigation is a different story. You have to be ready. The law says that you/your employer had to have intent to work on that position with that job description forever at the moment of AOS. Technically you could change that intent the very next day.
So.. I think this is how it will work. USCIS might request evidence/letters from you/your "after-GC" employer and if they will find something like your resume that you have sent them before getting GC, then you are in trouble. But if you will demonstrate, that let's say you met your "after-GC" employer only after getting GC (let's say at some exhibition) and he offered you right away +50k salary, then I don't see how USCIS is gonna build their case.
This is how I see it, please correct me if I'm wrong. You can be questioned about leaving the company only in two cases: 1. citizenship interview, 2 - investigation/audit. In first case I don't see much problem, as many years will pass, and if you will not keep any documents, I don't see how USCIS will be going back and chasing these 4-5-6 months of your employment.
Investigation is a different story. You have to be ready. The law says that you/your employer had to have intent to work on that position with that job description forever at the moment of AOS. Technically you could change that intent the very next day.
So.. I think this is how it will work. USCIS might request evidence/letters from you/your "after-GC" employer and if they will find something like your resume that you have sent them before getting GC, then you are in trouble. But if you will demonstrate, that let's say you met your "after-GC" employer only after getting GC (let's say at some exhibition) and he offered you right away +50k salary, then I don't see how USCIS is gonna build their case.
more...
makeup Circled flames sun. Tribal

chanduv23
07-08 02:57 PM
One of my co-worker was in same boat. His desi employer revoked his I-140 when he took fulltime employement in 2005. He got his GC finally.
Thanks for the positive response
Thanks for the positive response
girlfriend Tribal Sun Tattoo
aadimanav
07-17 07:58 PM
Thanks aadimanav,
I have emailed & faxed Rep. Henry Waxman, CA 30th District
Also 2 legislators here - Senator Sheila Kuehl and Senator Mark Ridley Thomas
Come on Peeple. The time is NOW.
In title you mentioned "los angeles" but you havne't sent to Senators from CA.
I have emailed & faxed Rep. Henry Waxman, CA 30th District
Also 2 legislators here - Senator Sheila Kuehl and Senator Mark Ridley Thomas
Come on Peeple. The time is NOW.
In title you mentioned "los angeles" but you havne't sent to Senators from CA.
hairstyles The sun tattoo design is not
raj1998
05-06 10:38 AM
I don't think USCIS takes into consideration whether the MS is full time / Part time / distance learning. On the degree certificates no University mention's if the program was full time or online. Also i don't think USCIS goes by the reputation of university. As far as Accreditation is concerned please check with education evaluators they might be of help but then again I don't think USCIS looks for accredited programs. I say so because there are lot of local schools which are not accredited but have good reputations locally.
As far as career growth is concerned after MS that's a separate topic altogether..
As far as career growth is concerned after MS that's a separate topic altogether..
sunnyg
07-16 10:47 AM
I hope that this is not an automated one.. :)
Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding the Department of State�s visa policies.
You raise compelling points, and your argument is an illustration of why we should work to ensure our visa polices are sound, reasonable, and equitable. Until we enact comprehensive immigration reform, we are likely to be faced with similarly difficult situations. Should legislation relating to this issue come before the Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.
Thank you again for contacting me.
Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown
Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding the Department of State�s visa policies.
You raise compelling points, and your argument is an illustration of why we should work to ensure our visa polices are sound, reasonable, and equitable. Until we enact comprehensive immigration reform, we are likely to be faced with similarly difficult situations. Should legislation relating to this issue come before the Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.
Thank you again for contacting me.
Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown
hopein07
02-19 04:24 PM
hopein07,
What is your understating on money return on whole life ins. plocy?. do you think you can cancel at anytime and get back your premium or withdraw portion of your investment?
Does anything mentioned on your link about policy surrender or money withdrawal when policy is in force? please search more and post here....
As far as I know whatever premium you pay is gone when you cancel the policy but if the policy has cash value then you get that amount.
Here is one link I found about Cash Surrender Value for Whole Life:
http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Cash+Surrender+Value
Here is another good reading:
http://www.ins.state.ny.us/que_top10/que_life_who.htm
I think it all depends on how you talk to the agent and how they write your policy
What is your understating on money return on whole life ins. plocy?. do you think you can cancel at anytime and get back your premium or withdraw portion of your investment?
Does anything mentioned on your link about policy surrender or money withdrawal when policy is in force? please search more and post here....
As far as I know whatever premium you pay is gone when you cancel the policy but if the policy has cash value then you get that amount.
Here is one link I found about Cash Surrender Value for Whole Life:
http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Cash+Surrender+Value
Here is another good reading:
http://www.ins.state.ny.us/que_top10/que_life_who.htm
I think it all depends on how you talk to the agent and how they write your policy


