I need to know how tokill someone without it becoming immediately apparent.
There, I’ve said it.
Eventually, suspicionswill be raised and the police called to investigate. You can relax, people thisis a plot device and not something more nefarious. But how do I find this kindof stuff out? You try an internet search with the words – killing methods. Or, making enquiries at the local cop shop orlibrary while using a sentence like the one I began this post with.
And don’t they keep aneye on these kinds of things? Isn’t there a team of eager beavers employed byM15/ FBI/ Mossad/ CIA/ News International trawling search engines for just this kind ofdangerous enquiry?
And what if I wanted toresearch terrorist stuff, or paedophilia?
They’d be knocking on mydoor quicker than you could say News of the World Phone Hackers. And I’d be inhand-cuffs and hauled off to the local council run underground bunker for aspot of water-boarding.
I’m remembering newsheadlines from a few years back (2003?)when Pete Townshend of The Who wasbrought before the beaks when his name was found on a list of people usingtheir credit card details to download pornographic images of children.
He wascleared but put on the child offenders’ registry for 5 years.
Townshend later explainedhe was sexually abused as a child and, in preparation of a possible autobiography,he was researching how easily child pornography can be accessed online, inorder to argue that Internet service providers need to become more vigilant.“It must be time to do something more concrete to stop the proliferation ofquestionable pornography that seems so readily and openly facilitated by theInternet,” he later wrote about the experience.
He’s since been reviledacross the globe but continues to protest his innocence. I’m content to go withthe authorities on this one given that they presumably have all the facts, butmy thought was - all that heartache in the name of research?
Incredibly naive, don’tchathink?
So good people, whatresearch projects have you embarked on that has you looking over yourshoulders?



