Monday, February 14, 2011

Day One of Hair Week - Shampoo and Conditioner Review

Hello Beautiful People


Welcome to Day One of Hair Week! Today I will be writing about 2 different brands of shampoo and conditioner. As you probably know my hair is in bad condition I have it bleached every 6 weeks (usually) and I straighten it everyday sometimes without heat protectant so I am really naughty.


Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
Purchased from: http://www.lookfantastic.com/
Price: Shampoo £15.85 Conditioner £16.55
Pros: Contains Argan Oil and Keratin. Rich in Fatty Acids and Protein
Cons: Expensive and needs to be used frequently

 I absolutely love Moroccan Oil so I thought why not try out the Shampoo and Conditioner as I am obsessed with finding an amazing shampoo for my hair. At first I used both twice a week. My hair is quite good and usually I can last a week with only washing my hair twice a week.
On the day of use these do make my hair feel soft and look shiny but the following day the ends of my hair felt brittle and unmanageable.
I'm gutted as I do love the Moroccan Oil but the Shampoo and Conditioner didn't live up to the high expectations that I  had for it especially as it was expensive.
I do use the shampoo and conditioner if I am having a night out somewhere as on the day of use it is really good its just the day after that you have problems. I'd give this 6/10


 
Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Conditioner

Purchased from: www.Boots.com
Price: £3.67 each but boots have an offer 2 for £6 at the moment
Pros: Contains Macadamia nut extracts and good value for money
Cons: Does need to be used as a set, you cant just use the shampoo without the conditioner


I bought these from Boots a while ago as I was skint and had run out of out my usual Redken Blonde Glam duo.
Firstly it smells gorgeous, that's the first thing you'll notice. It contains Macadamia nut so it nourishes dry hair and feeds it with moisture.
I love this Shampoo and Conditioner. I can use them everyday or just once a week and it leaves my hair feeling like I've been to the hairdressers.
This should really cost more than it does as its a great quality. Probably one of the best that I've tried.
When using I leave the conditioner on for about 10 minutes and it leaves my hair feeling silky and soft.
I'd give this a 9/10. Its a great value for money and I love how it makes my hair feel

*Look out for tomorrows hair product review post - Hair Masks*

A big congrats to makeupandme who won my hair product giveaway on twitter yesterday!

Lots of Love
Elle
xox