Sunday, February 13, 2011

Homemade Face Mask Review

Good Morning Beauties

So here you go we have the Homemade Face Mask review today. Firstly here are some face related tips that I use all the time...
  • If you have Puffy Eyes use cucumber slices. Close your eyes and rub the cucumber over the area
  • If you have Dark Circles-Put Two Desert spoons in the fridge for about 45 minutes. Then place them under your eyes for about 5 mins. It may be really cold but trust me it does work!
  • If you have Dry Lips - Put half a spoon of sugar and half a spoon of honey into a little bowl. Mix with your little finger and keep a bit on the tip of your finger. Then gentle massage the mixture onto your lips in a circular motion. The sugar will act as an exfoliant and the honey will gently moisturise

FACE MASK TIME
( I tried all of these on myself, granted I tried more than these but they were rubbish so I'm just giving you the ones I found to be really good. If you are in doubt about using any of the products below on your face then please don't)


NATURAL YOGURT
(plain with no fruity bits and no flavour)

Suitable for: Acne prone, Dry or Oily skin types.
Facts: Natural Yogurt is great for cleansing and minimising pores. It is also a great moisturising mask
How To:
  1. Wash your face as you normally would and pat dry
  2. Add 4 Desert spoonfuls of Natural Yogurt into a bowl
  3. Wrap a towel around you or wear an old top as it may spill
  4. Apply the Yogurt liberally over your face and neck
  5. Leave for 15 minutes
  6. Rinse with warm water
Verdict: This left my face feeling refreshed and it felt so soft. This is the easiest mask ever! It's great to use in the cold weather period as your skin really takes a bashing so this feeds the skin with moisture which is never a bad thing!

THE BANANA MASH MASK
Suitable for: All skin types especially dull skin
Facts: Bananas have natural acids in them that help remove dead skin so this is a fab mask for dull looking skin as its usually dead skin cells that make the skin dull or flaky.
How to:
  1. Mash 2 Bananas in a bowl with 2 spoonfuls of honey
  2. Apply in a circular motion to a clean/dry face
  3. Don't forget the towel - also lie down as this is really slippery
  4. Leave the mask on for 10 -15 minutes
  5. Rinse with warm water and pat face dry
Verdict: This one was MESSY but I just loved it for some reason. I loved the smell of it and my skin did have a glow. The glow probably only lasted 2 hours but hey its a glow right!


AVOCADO FACE MASK

Suitable for: All skin types
Facts: Avocado contains a natural oil so its great for moisturising the skin. Honey can kill germs on the skin so say goodbye to dead skin. The Yogurt soothes and softens the skin.
How to:
  1. Mash half an Avocado in a bowl with 1 desert spoon of natural yogurt and 1 desert spoon of honey
  2. Apply to a clean face and neck
  3. Spoil yourself and add strawberry halves or cucumber slices to your eye area
  4. Relax for 20-30 minutes
  5. Wash off using warm water you may need to rinse for a while
Verdict: This is a lovely mask. Granted Avocado isn't on the weekly shopping list but it is still cheap to buy and it would be ideal if you were having a girly pampering evening.

SPECIAL MENTION BUT NOT A MASK......
LEMONS!

Lemons are amazing for the skin! The Citric Acid in Lemon Juice can be used to exfoliate the skin and its also good for helping acne. I would dilute the lemon juice down with a little bit of water if you do have acne just so that its not harsh on your skin. I personally put lemon juice onto a cotton wool pad and rub it over my nose as I occasionally get blackheads and I find that the lemon juice really helps reduce them.

Hope you all enjoy this post my face is having a day off now. I'd love to hear your experience with any of these masks if you decide to dry them!

Lots of Love

Elle
xox