Sunday, April 10, 2011

FOTD - Natural Bronzed Look

Hi everyone

So I haven't done a FOTD for a while so I thought Id do one using cheaper products that my previous FOTD so here it is.......

P.S How amazing is this weather that we are having in the UK. Feels like I'm in spain or something. Hope you are all enjoying it xx


I wanted to do a quite neutral look using browns but with a pink lip.

Face - I didn't use a primer as I find a moisturiser works just as well. I then applied foundation to my eye area and nose as I didn't want a full face of foundation as it can take away from the colour of the blush.  I then put 3 dots of concealer under my eyes and patted until it was blended in. I then used a bronzing brush to apply bronzer all over my face and neck lightly. I used the nars illuminator on the apples of my cheeks followed by the urban decay brown sugar which I took to my hair line to contour the face a little.

Foundation: Rimmel 16 hour foundation in soft beige
Concealer: YSL Touche Eclat
Bronzer: Collection 2000 Sunkissed Bronze Glow
Blush: Nars Illuminator Blush (sample size you can request these from any nars counter)/
Urban Decay Brown Sugar Cream Highlighter


Eyes - I wanted a plain eye with no shimmer as I wanted my eye colour to pop. I used the Naked eyeshadow on the lid as well as on the lower lash line as I didn't want to use eye liner and brown is a perfect colour to bring out blue eyes. I then applied mascara once on the top lashes and twice on the bottom lashes to make my eyes look fuller without the dramatic volume.

Shadow: Naked by Urban Decay (Naked Palette)
Mascara: Loreal Telescopic in Black



Lips - I never wear a bright colour so I opted for a pink lipstick that wouldn't take away from the other areas of my face. I applied the lipstick using my finger tip and I patted it on my lips instead of using the stick to apply. I then applied the lipgloss which added more pink to my lips but not enough to make it over the top as it is quite a bright colour.

Lipstick: Mac Angel
Lipgloss: Beautyuk Listlust Gloss in Playboy

I finished the look by spraying Urban Decays Dew Me which is a moisturising setting spray


OUTTAKES......just for fun